K Money Mastery

Click Here!

Friday, November 6, 2015

SEO Checklist for New Websites WebShark Search Engine Optimization





I'm going to talk about a SEO checklist for new sites
that aren't ranking yet so I've created a new website
I wanna make sure that I'm doing all the right things in the right order that
I've got everything set up
and my website ranking will what are the things I should be doing maybe some
things that I shouldn't be doing
and so I wanted to create a brief checklist with this whiteboard Friday
and we find this useful maybe we'll expanded to even more stuff with my
future
so let's let's run through you got a new site that you just launched you're
setting things up for success we need to worry about
first of accessibility what I mean by this is
users and search engines both need to be able to reach all the pages all the
content you create on your website
easy ways you make sure you don't have any through dumb mistakes that can that
can harm your SEO
so these are things like forty fours and five hundred airs three zero two zip that have thirty
ones
duplicate content missing title tags been content with not much
material on the patient's returns to grab onto maybe for users as well
to tools that are great for those superstar Google Webmaster Tools which
is completely free
I you can register cool dot com slash webmasters and
ideas you must call crawl through the st. Elmo's Pro app
also very useful I when you're looking at a new site we
we sorta built about the bunch of features in there that we wish Google
Webmaster Tools kept rakho
but they don't and so some of those features are I included you so much for
all including things like a
thirty two thousands eight pull up something content stop
so that can be that can be quite helpful next up
keyword targeting so this read this I mean this
make some sense that you have to choose the right keywords
to target so what I wanna have is you've got all these ok
pro pro probably in of a key word for anyone to be targeting
no search volume just bad choice in general but rate we will be looking at
didn't do these have good search volume
radar some users actually searching for me might not be able to target high
value terms
because you're also looking for low difficulty when you're first launching a
site
are you you want to necessarily shipping maybe you do in your home page
or you know some branded page that is some some product page
but for the things that you know you wanna targeting you want to work on
early
I short term right maybe some content that you got some of those
are feature pages for the product or service you're offering
you think you're so you know I i'm not going be able to target you know
gobble the Wichita it's really tough but maybe got on the sock
now that nobody's up and so you can look at search volume
the relevance to the website please by all means make sure that you have
something that's relevant but actually pulling in searches you care about
and no difficulty if you got that same here got your keyword targeting
content quality in value have a bunch abusers coming to this page
and the thing itself head this doesn't really answer my query or
and maybe this answers one portion but I wish there was more detail here more
video more images may be it may be a nice graphic that explains some things
a dataset some references to where they got this information
%ah you know not just about two blocks have taxed maybe i'm looking for.
something that describes a process something that explains it fully
if you can do that if you can build something remarkable where all these
people change from
hall %uh what's this to oh you know what
instead it's I am happy I also I'm happy
this page makes me so happy I am gonna stick my tongue out
if you can get that level up enjoyment
and and satisfaction from your users with the quality of the content that you
produce
you're going to do much better in the search engines and its return is it got
some really sophisticated algorithms that look at
true quality in value can see Google's gotten so much better about putting
really good stuff in results even sometimes it doesn't have a lot of links
or soldering hard work you're targeting when it's great stuff
they're doing a good job ranking next up
design quality user experience and usability
this is tough unless you have a professional designer you are a
professional design back Ronnie
you almost certainly need to hire someone or go with a very simple basic
design that's that's very user-friendly that you know when you
you know survey your friends survey people your industry survey people in
your company survey people in Eureka systematically
me %uh this this is really good I'm very happy that is I'm a big
only giving it a you know six to ten in terms a beauty but a an eight outta 
in terms of usability I
I understand the constant aside its easy for me to find things in the flow
there's really no point in ranking unless you're nailing these two
because not going to get many more customers people just me frustrated by
the website
%uh there's a few tools you can use on the web to test these out so five
seconds fast
feedback army silverback up all these are potentially useful
up for checking the usability user experience on the site
social account setup because social an SEO are coming together
like never before right Google showing Plus Ones and things that people share
by default in the
I in the search engine rankings being is showing all the stuff has been shared on
Facebook and putting it above the rest to the concert
really really pays to be in social in social signals
help search engines better understand or or better rankings as well as having
this
nice second-order affect on user usage eighty on branding on
a you know the impact
people seeing those sites through social sharing and potentially linking to them
social account setup at the very least you probably wanna have
these for Facebook Twitter LinkedIn and Google+ write all those who got
Google+ only about twenty five million was very growing very fast
LinkedIn and Twitter Facebook are all over one hundred and fifty million users right now
think Twitter is a two hundred million Facebook seven hundred and fifty million so at least have your page
is set up for those
make sure the account experiences the same across the reason the same photos
same brand the same description so people get a good sense when they see
you in the social world
and you probably want to start setting something up to be monitoring and
tracking these
may want to sign up for something a bit Lee I used to really recommend PostRank
but unfortunately not track Facebook since Google bought them anymore
sold more frustrating the yes yuma's web Apple starter
to track these for you pretty soon %uh and once you got the social account
setup you can feel good about
sharing the content that you're producing through those social accounts
finding connections building up in that world
and spending the appropriate amount of time there I depending on the value your
your feeling back from next up link building
this is where I know a lot of people get sort of of
the wrong of the wrong start and it's incredibly undercover actually just got
an email my advice before we started doing my part Friday
off from someone who had started a new website is like I got the three hundred
links in
you know now I'm now I'm not drinking anymore I was doing great last week for
the first six weeks after a lingerie
ranking great I started it just a quick look at the back they say when all were
old no
I think you know this person really went down the route I love
I'm gonna get a bunch of low quality easy to acquire links and for a new site
in particular
it's so dangerous because Google's just really on top of
throwing people out up the index for penalizing them very heavily
when their link profile looks really scummy and when you don't have any
trustworthy quality signals to to boost you up
that's when low quality links came
can hurt the most cell good things to do
start with your business contacts and your customers they are great places get
links from your customers are willing to issue
awesome get them to let you if the context that you have the business world
are willing to say hey my friend you know
render such a new website boom that's a great way to a all your email contact
your LinkedIn com is the people that
you know %uh personally and professionally if you can ask the hey
you know what you were
support me by throwing a link to me on your About page your blog roll or your
I you know list of customers are your lista vendors whatever it is right
I guest posting content is the great way to do
are good certain content positive a
content production and earning leaseback that so finding
trustworthy sites that have hot lots of RSS subscribers and are well renowned in
can can give you visibility in for neurons and give you nicely back if you
can contribute positively to those
ob I also like high quality resource list so this would be things like
on the the best Better Business Bureau maybe that sort of awesome
a little the director world but something like a I
CrunchBase right if you're a start-up in the technology world
you definitely did have a CrunchBase listing on you might want to be on some
Wikipedia lists created those are no fall but
that still okay that's probably a good place to get some visibility
are there maybe industry-specific lists that are like you know these are
iro heavy machine production facilities in the United States radio cash
I should be on that list that's what i do. right ought news media and blogs
so getting the press to cover you getting blogs in your sphere to cover
you
finding those emailing the adders letting them know that you're launching
this new website that's a that's a great time to say hey this business is
transformer launching a new site which in your branding whatever it is
serve a process where the message in get someone to look you review sites for
your blogs are great for those two as those for sale you've got a new
application you got a new mobile service
we will link to you that could be interesting
relevant social industry an app account links right so
if I contribute something to the Google Chrome store
right if I contribute something to the Apple store if I I am
contributing something to a design portal design gallery
all those kinds of industry stuff and accounts that you can get
are likely worth submitting to worth getting your website listed on
and then social media link acquisitions have it was obvious stuff for you
spend time on Twitter on Facebook and Linkedin and Google+ connecting with
people
and over time building those relationships that'll get you the links
up possibly through wannabes other forms or or just through
the friendliness of them noticing an liking and enjoying your contacts
I M that's what content marketing is all about it was these are great ways to
start
very safe ways to do link building they're not shorter mines
rate this these almost all of them requires at least some effort
some investment of your time and energy some creativity some good content
know some some authenticity in your marketing verses
a lot of the stuff that tempts people very early on there like call
sweet you know I have a new website I need to get like five hundred links as
soon as possible
so I'm gonna try things like up reciprocal link pages right I'm just
gonna put up a lil
a list the you know reciprocal link partners I'm gonna go contacted much
other firms
will all lead to me in rolling to each other will be a happy marriage oblique
sounds
it's not it's not a wonderland %ah low-quality directories are you
search for SEO friendly directory it shows up on that list
chances are even Google rightly Google is showing you a bunch of bad stuff I
someone was asking me recently on email they said hey I I really need some
examples of sites that have done manipulative link building
as I got so easy search for SEO friendly directory
and look at who's paid to be listed in those directories
they almost all have spammy meticulously profiles and it's funny because
you go to those and I don't know why people don't do this but try searching
for the brand names
that come up in those lists know the rate for their own brand name
well why is that like clearly they're killing themselves at these terrible
terrible X-rayed
so low quality directors really avoid a article marketing her article spinning I
talked about that a few weeks ago on way for Friday
also practice so strongly recommend you avoid especially I
I know it can work I know there's people for whom it does work
but especially early on you can just kill you
you really can get you a Bay under penalized are the engines
and you just won't break anyway refueling profile starts outstanding
paid links is another obvious one up forums open form spam so that kinda
going across the Evo lookers a guess but that's open for got to
but no five I'm gonna leave a link there or here look as the forum that
except you know registration and they don't they forgot to close their
no fall off anyone can we link and a half
even things like do follow blogs straight to follow blog comments
and you know it read it's really risky just because they're linking a bad place
is a lot of the time and it's usually manipulate people
who have no intent to create something of value for the search engines
they're merely trying to manipulate their rankings and when whenever you
have a tactic like that it attracts people
wet nasty website on Google Apps those nose okay they're linking to a luncheon
at the site so I don't count those links or maybe
media meeting in Hanoi so many people that they're looking to at I really
sucks
on and then link farms right which is essentially setting up all these
you know different systems have links that point to each other across times
the domains that are completely artificial
week for no human reason are no discernible human reason
are merely meant to manipulate the engines this type of stuff
can be is very very dangerous E when you're early on if you already built up
you know a good collection of these types of links
your much safer but you do have some risk in those first three six nine
months
after you launch the new site around doing wrong things on the link building
front
and and getting yourself into a situation where you're penalizing we see
a tiny that stress you must Q&A get any email
you see it on the web all the time so be cautious around that
and hopefully this checklist will help you
get your site to a nice establish place and you can to keep doing some great
marketing
and eventually win the Internet I wish you good luck
with your new website thanks so much thanks for watching see you again next
week

for in addition away for free take care

No comments:

Post a Comment